82mm X1 UV Filter For Camera Lenses - Ultraviolet Protection Photography Filter with Lens Cloth - MRC4, Ultra-Slim, 25 Year Support, Weather-Sealed by Breakthrough Photography
- X1 UV (Ultra Violet) FILTER: The X1 UV features 4-layers of our state-of-the-art and uniformly applied MRC, which means less flaring and ghosting that you’d normally see with uncoated protection filters. Our modern coating chambers are air tight, producing a uniform coating visible to the human eye when holding the filter at a right angle to a direct light source.
- MRC4 CONSTRUCTION: Two layers of MRC are applied to each side of the optical disk, resulting in a total of 4 layers (MRC4). In addition to being structurally harder than the glass itself, our MRC coating process increases light transmission from 94.6% (without MRC) to 97.8%. Glass without MRC coatings is highly susceptible to a range of optical phenomenon such as flaring, ghosting (lower contrast as a result) and generally less saturation.
- ELIMINATES VIGNETTING: The X1 features a 3.5mm ultra-slim double-threaded frame profile to eliminate vignetting on wide-angle full-frame setups. In our lab tests, 4.2mm was the frame width at which point 1-stop of light falloff (vignetting) became visible on images with 16mm wide-angle setups on full-frame cameras.
- X1 UV 82mm FITMENT: The X1 UV has front-threads, which means it’s compatible with all your existing filters (for stacking) and lens caps. To ensure the lettering on the filter never wears off we laser engrave text into each aluminum frame rather than use paint-based lettering.
- 25 YEARS SUPPORT: We laser engrave each X1 UV with a unique serial number. When you activate your 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee online we associate your X1 serial number to you, so any future discussions regarding your X1 UV are tracked, issues recorded, all of which goes directly into our design and prototyping pipeline.
82mm X1 UV (Ultra Violet) Filter For Camera Lenses - Breakthrough Photography
The X1 UV features 4-layers of our state-of-the-art and uniformly applied MRC, which means less flaring and ghosting that you’d normally see with uncoated protection filters. The X1 features a 3.5mm ultra-slim double-threaded frame profile to eliminate vignetting on wide-angle full-frame setups.
Every filter we make, including the X1 UV, is weather-sealed. If you want to ensure that your lens maintains out-of-box optical performance for as long as possible, Canon, Nikon, and Sony recommend protective filters for the purpose of completing a lens weather-seal.
The X1 UV is our take on the legacy flat black UV filter with a modern spin: MRC4 and a 3.5mm ultra-slim weather-sealed frame.
- Our MRC coating process increases light transmission from 94.6% (without MRC) to 97.8%.
- 4-layers of MRC means less flaring and ghosting.
- 25 years support.
- MRC4 Construction
- 3.5mm ultra-slim
- Weather-sealed Frame
- 1 x 82mm X1 UV Filter
- 1 x Lens Cloth
The company will either repair the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or exchange the product with the new one. How long does the coverage last? The Warranty Period for Physical Goods purchased from our store is 60 days from the date of purchase. A replacement physical good or parts assumes the remaining warranty of the original physical good or 60 days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever is longer. What does this limited warranty not cover? This limited warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by conditions, malfunctions or damage NOT resulting from defects in material or workmanship. What do you have to do? To obtain warranty service, you must first contact us to determine the problem and the most appropriate solution for you.